If you have never heard about the phenomenon – Gary Vaynerchuk – I invite you to Google his name and listen to what he has to say or buy one of his four books. What is he? He is a Day Trader of Attention.
Yesterday on Instagram, he had a screenshot with encouragement that became my wallpaper for the day and I found myself repeating it over and over.
These past two weeks, I have been terrified to do just that. I had a plan but my fear was that I would fail. So what, right? Wrong! Failure would mean that my family’s budget would be blown, I would have a very disappointed assistant that needs the money, I would have two other virtual assistants with nothing to do and might put me at the bottom of their workload, I could lose my business completely from bad feedback and Below Standard Rating, not to mention the embarrassment and a lot of inventory.
I am not a success story, yet. I am seeing results after implementing my plan and I want to share it with you.
- I hired virtual assistant #1. They list on EBay Store #2 which is Top Rated Plus. I pay them $4/hr, they have completed 101 listings and I have paid $80.
- I hired virtual assistant #2. They list on EBay Store #1 which is Below Standard and on Postmark. I pay them $5/hr. I did not respond to complaints quick enough and I couldn’t keep up with the 1 day shipping.
- I hired my sister to pack and ship at $2/order, as well as photograph at $1/clothing piece.
- I have started 3-5 auctions each day on items that did not sell after 30 days.
- I have sourced 100 clothing pieces and 30 from my ‘death piles,’ each week to be listed.
- I have stopped looking at profit and only the number of sales because I am focusing on my sell-through rate.
- Each item has a cost of $16 max . That is $8 shipping, $2 packaging, $3 sourcing, $1 listing, %2 fees. I am comfortable accepting $20. Period. No more computing profits. This is about product movement.
- I am going to do this until April 30th. Sales die off after that date. If they don’t, I will keep going!
Yesterday, my sister shipped out 16 packages. She has 3 more today.
Last Monday, I shipped out only 10 packages.
I thank Gary Vaynerchuk and several YouTubers for giving me the ideas, strategies and the desire to continue the Hustle. It is hard some days, because our work is solitary, most of our family members don’t understand what we are doing and 30 characters of feedback are not always warm and fuzzy. We are our own cheerleaders.
One day, I will have a selfie with #GaryVee. One day, I will meet Nicole, Craigslist Hunter, Lindey, Chad, Ronny, Jason and Natalie and thank them for their content and encouragement. Until then, I’ll just keep hustling and Go Do!
Where every item is Fit for a Queen
Priced For the Pauper!