I am a You-Tube Junkie. I learn so much from other resellers that have done what I am doing. They have become my Co-workers in a job that can be very lonely at times. One reseller said something last week that I wrote down and eventually helped me to make some decisions going forward.
“I wish we had 48 hours in a day, but I would still work 40 and sleep 8 hours because I love this so much.”
It is a game, a puzzle, a recipe with many ingredients that put together in Different portions can lead to success. Others need to be removed to be more successful.
In the last week, I’ve made lists, researched, made a plan and acted. Hopefully it will bring back extra hours I have lost and increase my income.
- I wrote down two lists. One was what I love or hate doing. The other was what must I do myself or what can be delegated. I used these two lists to help me decide what I would be comfortable with changing.
- I researched the cost of delegating these activities that are necessary for my business. I am a perfectionist that will need to supervise closely at first to ensure that things are getting done with the same quality as if I were doing them.
- I took all that research, combined the lists, crunched the numbers and I came up with a plan that I can live with emotionally, time-wise and money-wise.
- I reached out to the people I felt comfortable with, gave them the proposal and as of last night, it’s all a go!
The changes in my business plan:
- I closed down my Amazon Merchant Fulfilled store. Sourcing low-cost books and selling them with a huge fee and increasing shipping prices, for miniscule weekly deposits only created a “library” in my home. The space they are taking up can be filled with fast-moving stock.
- I called EBay and got a listings increase on my second store.
- I hired my 1st virtual assistant last week for the 1st store and it is going well. I am interviewing a 2ND assistant for the 2ND store.
- My 1st virtual assistant will be doing 90 listings a week. My 2nd will be doing 30. This means I will need to have a minimum of 120 items a week that are placed on a spreadsheet and have pictures. It also means I will need to source more.
- I contacted my sister/best friend and asked if I could hire her to ship packages twice a week, and take pictures once a week.
- Etsy and Postmark will take a backseat for a little bit while I grow EBay. There are no monthly fees to worry about, so it wont cost anything more.
To say I am relieved, is an understatement. I have been under a lot of pressure lately and felt there was no room for fun. The problem was not enough hours in a day. It was not delegating responsibilities.
My path seems crystal clear… at the moment!
If you have comments or suggestions, just leave them below. If you really like this blog. Smash the subscribe button!
Where everything is fit For a Queen
Priced for The Pauper