I have had an account with Ebay since before 2000, though I did not begin selling on it until 2015. In the early days, I was a stay at home mom and would “snipe” during naptime. Everything from Lots of kids clothing to books.
Today, some feel that auctions have no use in our Buy It Now community, but there are some very good reasons why an Ebay seller should re-think auctions.
- You have a highly desireable item. If you have an iPhone8c+ in Gold and the stores are out of them, putting it up on Auction would give you the maximum amount of money.
- You have a one-of-a-kind item. If you have the ball that Kris Bryant caught in the last play of the world series, putting this item up for auction would also give you the maximum amount of money.
- You need cash fast. Your rent is due in 7-10 days and your checking account is overdrawn. List some household items for a 7 or 10 day auction, and you’ll make a dent in the rent.
- You need this item to ‘go away.’ That item you bought at a thrift store and have had it listed for over a year that has not sold on Buy It Now. Put a price on it that will cover the shipping and some lucky person will surely buy it.
- Keep the cash flow….flowing. I have not done this yet, but one YouTube reseller says she converts a few items each evening to a 10 day auction. She uses items she has had a while, might have a defect or out of season. This way she has a possible sale everyday.
I hope this has helped you rethink how you feel about auctions and gave you new ideas how to utilize them!
If you have any questions or ideas, please comment below!
If you like these blogs and want notification when they go up, just pree the subscribe button.
Where items are Fit for a Queen
Priced for a Pauper