According to a Vlogger, this particular title will exponentially grow traffic … we shall see!
It is Monday morning and it seems fitting to talk about shipping. If you were fastidious, you packed it all last night. I have convinced myself that I am more alert in the morning, so that is what I will be doing after this blog.
I am a free shipper. Debating the pro’ s and con’s can be a subject that will be debated on a future blog. Because I do not charge shipping, it is imperative that I spend the least money possible to keep profits up.
Here are 5 tips to make this possible:
- Weigh and measure your item when you list it. Do not guess! Add 5-8 ounces for shipping supplies.
- Offer free Fed Ex smart Post. Calculate what the price will be and add it into the price of the item. I also offer Priority for an extra fee. You are guaranteeing the item will arrive in 10 day and it is the cheapest rate for heavy items
- If the item is 16 ounces or less, ship it fist class. If the item is not going far, place it in a regional box, based on weight. If the item can fit into a priority flat rate envelope or a priority padded flat rate, it will probably be cheaper than the cost of Fed Ex Smart Post. If you end up shipping the item with any of these services, they have a shorter ship time and your customer will be pleasantly surprised by how quickly their order arrived !
- Recycled boxes are great to store items in, but not so much to ship your items. You want this person to be a repeat customer and it does not look professional to receive a coat in a Dole Banana Box (true story). Use a new box!
- Use tissue for clothing, bubble wrap for fragile items and air pillows to keep items from shifting or rattling. Again, you need to look professional and the way their item ships will have a much more lasting impression than a glitzy webpage.
These are guidelines I have used for my businesses and I would love to hear from you! What totally bombed? What was da’ bomb?
If you like these blogs, press the subscribe button to be notified of future additions!
#Jewels for the Pauper
Where everything is for a Queen
priced for the Pauper